Friday, December 26, 2008

Thank God for Grandparents!!!!

As much of an emotional roller coaster as having twins has been for me, I must say that I would have been in much worse shape if it weren’t for all the help I received from our parents. John’s mom (Lee) and my mom (Dinah) especially, alternated most weeks since Lauren and James came home. They helped feed, change, entertain and pacify them. They helped with laundry, cooking, cleaning, and shopping. And most importantly, they listened to me and supported me through everything.

The grand-DADs have also been an amazing help. John’s dad (John), step dad (Hector), and my dad (Monty), have all come to lend a hand as well. And I have to point out that my dad has never been a baby-lovin’ kind of a guy. He thought that once he saw the babies that he’d think, “Ok, they’re cute. You can have them back now.” But instead, I don’t think I’ve seen another soul love on them more than he has. He has been beaming ear to ear with excitement over their every smile and coo. And I’ve even had to fight him for feeding James (my dad likes the challenge). He always wins, of course! He has always been a wonderful dad and now he has become an amazing grandpa!


Monty with James & Lauren


Dinah & James


Lee & Lauren


Hector & Lauren


Cheryl, James & John Sr.


Thank you grandparents! I love you and sincerely appreciate everything you have done for us and the babies!

4 comments:

Gulley Gang said...

Thank God for Grandparents and you guys were definitely blessed to have them there so much! I know they were a tremendous help to both of you. Such great pictures of all of them.

Madonna Warnken said...

Hi John & Caroline (and Cheryl & John who are due to arrive on Monday, 12-29, to visit). Been wanting to drop you a line of huge congratulations on Lauren & James. I know you two are having the "time of your lives" with them (yes, interpretation is everything, but you know what I mean). And I know you will make the coolest, "on top of things" parents. Lauren and James are absolutely adorable and I hope to make a trip soon with Cheryl and John to visit, hold, ooh, and aah over them. Happy New Year - 2009 is going to be an awesome year for you. Love, Madonna

Male Minded Chick said...

They are SO cute!!!! Might you be free on Friday for lunch? xoxo. Miss you guys.

Serratt Baby Blog said...

I hope that you all are doing well.

Kerra